While braces are an excellent option for nearly every patient, many teenagers are less than thrilled to learn that they will need them. The teenage years can be stressful, as teens often feel self-conscious about their image and have busy social lives. Fortunately, there are alternatives to traditional braces available.
Pacific Dental Group offers Invisalign Teen® to help your teenager straighten their teeth without metal brackets and wires. This clear aligner treatment works to gently move your teen’s teeth into the proper positions by using a series of custom-made clear plastic aligners. These aligners are comfortable to wear and nearly invisible once placed in the mouth, allowing your teen to receive a treatment that is comfortable and discreet as well as effective.
Here are a few more benefits of Invisalign Teen:
- Easy to use — Clear aligners are incredibly easy to use. They are removable, so your teen can simply put the aligners in and take them out as needed.
- Better oral hygiene — The aligners used in your teen’s treatment are removable, so they can eat and drink normally as well as brushing and flossing their teeth with ease. Make sure your teen takes the aligners out before eating and keeps them in a secure case when the aligners are out of their mouth.
- Better self-esteem for your teen — Regular braces may cause your teen to feel insecure about their appearance. Invisalign Teen negates this social stigma by giving your teen a treatment that is discreet and nearly unnoticeable.
- Predictable treatment time — Our dentist will provide an estimated treatment time after your initial consolation. On average, most Invisalign Teen treatments last about 18 months. Please note that you teen should wear their aligners 20-22 hours per day. Not wearing the aligners will extend their treatment time.
- Enhanced comfort during treatment — The clear plastic aligners are custom made using computer generated images. They are also smooth, meaning that your cheeks and gums will not become sore when the aligners rub up against them.
For more information about Invisalign Teen in Fresno, California, and to schedule your teenager’s appointment with Dr. Giai Pham, call us today at 559-324-9494.