Here at Pacific Dental Group, we do not believe in extracting teeth unless it is the only option for preventing further damage to your oral health. We will examine the tooth closely to determine if it can be restored with a more conservative treatment, such as dental veneers or crowns, and only recommend a tooth extraction if there is no way to preserve your original tooth.
A tooth extraction may be necessary if:
- You were in an accident and need immediate dental work completed
- The tooth is severely infected
- The tooth has sustained such extensive damage that it cannot be restored
- The cost to restore the tooth is too great
- You have impacted wisdom teeth
If an extraction is the right option for you, our dentist will provide an anesthetic to numb the area and remove the tooth as gently as possible. We will also provide you with post-op instructions to help you recover. After you have healed, we will provide you with prosthetic tooth replacement. Depending on your needs, this replacement could be a bridge, dental implant, or a complete or partial denture.
For more information about tooth extractions in Fresno, California, and to make an appointment with Dr. Giai Pham, call us today at 559-324-9494.